Saturday, December 20, 2008

cHrIsTmAs TeMpLe TrIp

In our ward it is a tradition to go look at the Christmas lights every year, and this year we went at the beginning of the year. This year we all met at the church right after school, then we chose a car, and rode to the temple! The car I rode in was my Mom's, as always. I always pick our car because then we are guaranteed some of my friends.. plus we can go home say if I forget my temple recommend..? Yeah! I forgot it! Anyways, when we got to Salt Lake we went to the temple and did baptisms, then we went to the temple cafeteria and had some dinner. Then, we looked at lights and went to the Joseph Smith building (another tradition). At the Joseph Smith building, my friends and I started a tradition last year. What we do is we go to the top, look at the temple, then we get in the elevator and bend our knees then jump while going down (OH! And we press EVERY button)! So much fun, but it makes you really dizzy! We got lost in the elevator this year as well =P. At the temple I also got to see my new favorite nativity scene in the whole world, they put it on the fountain thing in front of the temple.. and it is GORGEOUS! And then they have all the candles in the water.. it seriously is beautiful! After we did all that, we went to go see the little program thingy in the visitor center with the statue of Jesus. Then we go to the parking lot (we played in the elevator again, and got lost!) I had an awesome time, it was TONS of fun! Too bad it is probably my last year ='[ good thing I take lots of pictures!


This is a video of my friends and I playing in the elevator. I know it is a bad movie, my camera was dying... but hopefully you get the idea of what we do. It is AWESOME! I pretty much fell over while doing it once... SO AWESOME! Oh! And the song is called Beautiful... I love the song to death!

0 comments: